PSE and iPhoto Help

Reaction score
I am having problems figuring out how to view the photos I edit in Photoshop Elements. It seems like once I edit them and save them I can not find them in anything but PSE. I want to be able to view them in my iPhoto library so I can view them full screen instead of in the little box in PSE. I have tried importing them into iPhoto, but it says they already exist even if I rename them. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You can't save the edited images back to iPhoto directly. My solution has been to set up a folder for them. Save to the folder, then import into iPhoto from the folder. I just keep the folder on my Desktop labeled "iPhoto Transfers"

OP
D
Reaction score
I had a thread on photo.net and someone else responded with the same answer. I did that and it works, it just seems like there would be an easier way, especially considering how easy everything is on a mac. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 iMac 2.93, Late 08 uMBP 2.53 -320
You can't save the edited images back to iPhoto directly. My solution has been to set up a folder for them. Save to the folder, then import into iPhoto from the folder. I just keep the folder on my Desktop labeled "iPhoto Transfers"

Thank you for this tip. I have been tearing out what little hair I have left trying to import jpegs saved in GIMP into iPhoto. This is a great solution.

Reaction score
Use the Photo editing app of your choice (Photoshop Elements, etc) from INSIDE iPhoto and you will have no problem seeing it as you wish inside iPhoto. You can edit with an external editor or edit from inside iPhoto and switch back and forth without ever leaving iPhoto.
Open iPhoto and go to iPhoto's Preference's and under the General tab go to the Edit photo drop down and select "in application" and then browse to the editing app you want to use (Photoshop Elements, etc). After you select the external app you can set the drop down back to "in main window". Now when you want to use the editing tools in iPhoto just click the Edit button at the bottom of iPhoto, if you want to edit from the external editor Right click on the photo and choose "Edit in External Editor". To save from the external app use "Save" and it will save it back where it was and iPhoto will see it, DO NOT use "Save As" or iPhoto will not find it.

Screen shot 2009-11-15 at Nov 15,  1.17.00 PM.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.