Stuck in booting up loop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
I've been running bootcamp for a while and today i was playing a game when the screen got distorted and the computer crashed. This has happened a few times before but I've always been able to restart and fix the problem. Now when I try to boot the computer up i hear the startup sound every 2 seconds and nothing appears on the screen except once in a while some white flashes and random pixels. Anyone know what could be going on here?

OP
nmccready
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
I gave it a few minutes and now it is starting up again. Everything is okay once it is done booting up, but while it is booting up there are a lot of pixels going crazy. This occurs when I start up under Windows and OS X.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. When I loaded up the game it freaked out again and I'm back at square one. This is really weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.