Downloading a Picture AND looking for a way to secure a folder.

Reaction score
Hello I have some questions. I seem to not be able to turn files I download into desktop background. Why is that? I'm I downloading them wrong? How should I do this

Also, What a good program(free or not) that will lock a folder from being seeing EVEN by finder.. This is pictures,vids. :Evil:

Also,How can I play .gif images without having to click "next" in preview.Thanks alot.

ILMM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
To make an image your desktop, go to System Preferences, select Background and Screensaver. From here, you will be able to select the image you want to use as your desktop background. You can either drag and drop the image you want into the space that displays the image selected to change it. You can also add folders you'd like to appear in the sidebar by clicking the + button in the lower left of the window. I hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hello I have some questions. I seem to not be able to turn files I download into desktop background. Why is that? I'm I downloading them wrong? How should I do this ILMM

For the desktop background dont really see how you can download them wrong.
If i have a image i want on my desk top i have them download to my default folder then once ther right click on it and in the pop up window, the last entry is "Set Desktop Picture", i click on that and in a few seconds ..... Viola its my new desktop :)

Or you can get the best resolution of the picture you want from the site, and click and drag them to your destop, and as before right click and click on the Set Desktop Picture :)

OP
I
Reaction score
For the desktop background dont really see how you can download them wrong.
If i have a image i want on my desk top i have them download to my default folder then once ther right click on it and in the pop up window, the last entry is "Set Desktop Picture", i click on that and in a few seconds ..... Viola its my new desktop :)

Or you can get the best resolution of the picture you want from the site, and click and drag them to your destop, and as before right click and click on the Set Desktop Picture :)

I think its because I change the name BEFORE I DL them and thus I mess them up?

Any other help with the other issues?

Thanks mate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.