Anyone use .Mac?

S

sonofapplepm

My mother-in-law is interested in getting a .MAC account so she can have a webpage. My question is ...Is it hard to make a decent webpage with .MAC?
Any input on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

Reaction score
You can use regular HTML to make a webpage that you host with .Mac, so yes.

I have .Mac, I bought it because it was on sale, I haven't had much time to really do anything with it yet because I have just been busy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My bro has .Mac and is very happy with it. I don't because one in the family is kinda enough

Reaction score
i'm doing the trial version right now, and all i can say is wow. you can load like 20 pics on there with the names and everything and just title your page within like a minute and it's up and running on the website. i will prolly end up getting the full version once my 30 days is up. there are alot of themes to choose from then you just upload the pics and hit publish and that's all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
.mac

sonofapplepm said:
My mother-in-law is interested in getting a .MAC account so she can have a webpage. My question is ...Is it hard to make a decent webpage with .MAC?
Any input on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

hi

i seriously recommend .mac i looked around for ages when i first got a mac and swithered about .mac

but can honestly say its been superb in my first year, everything just works homepage is one of the best features and is very easy to use.

what i like best though is that its made by apple and it keeps all your stuff
mail, homepage, idisk all matching mac original material.

plus you get things like virex thrown in

go for it - i say

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I use it, but not for websites. I bought it because it was discounted w/ the purchase of my Powerbook. It seems like a nice service, but I tend to use services like geocities.com as a free host, and then get a .tk address(free).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Definately get it

I have had my .mac account for almost a year now and I love it. I use it mostly for sharing my pics when family get together. So everyone gets to see them. It was my first attempt at making a web page very easy and I think it serves it's purpose. http://homepage.mac.com/fyrman21/Robstuff/Menu3.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.