• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

T-Mobile's Horrid Service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Right now, I have absolutely no network connection. Nothing. I really do not know what is up with T-Mobile, but lately their service has been spotty and weak. If you remember when 1.7 million T-Mobile users got slammed by a network disruption, I was one of them. Now my connection decides to fully drop, and now being unable to contact my friends from the home phone (they both have AT&T) I'm starting to grow a bit annoyed of weak phone service. I live in a well populated area, so it's not like coverage is minimal. Is anyone else experiencing bad service from T-Mobile?

**update**

Network is back, but now it's dropping calls every 15 seconds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Call them up and tell them ***!

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have Tmobile, The only problems I had was last week when the network went out.
You can always call and ask to speak to the retention department, Maybe you can get a free phone for the trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
T-Mobile has crap service. Worse than Sprint.

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I tried T-Mobil in the Las Vegas area. I had to dump it. I argued them out of the early termination penalty, but it took some doing. I have Verizon now and its a whole lot better. I have their cell and USB broadband service. Both work as advertised. Ain't cheap, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I have T-Mobile and it works great for me. I wish I could afford verizon but me a poor student.

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
T-Mobile has been a great service. Has been. But recently, not so much. I'm really hoping this is not permanent. I am also still waiting for 3G services to roll out in my area. I have heard December is when it will happen, but before that it was said to have rolled out in the summer. I have a $400 3G capable phone, but no 3G. It's got to get better soon, I have said many good things about T-Mobile, and me and my mom have been loyal customers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
T-Mobile is the cheapest phone service.

I used to have AT&T before the merge.

That was AWFUL service.

I am hoping to see a merge with T-Mobile and some other phone company, whether it be a small or large company.

Right now they are planning a merge in the UK, but not help for me in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
T-Mobile is the cheapest phone service.

I used to have AT&T before the merge.

That was AWFUL service.

I am hoping to see a merge with T-Mobile and some other phone company, whether it be a small or large company.

Right now they are planning a merge in the UK, but not help for me in the US.

They are much cheaper, I have Tmobile it's significantly cheaper than Att or Verizon. Which kind of surprises me because Tmobile USA is owned by deutsche telekom which is actually looking into acquiring Sprint here in the U.S.

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That sounds very similar to the problems I had. When I got hit by the disruption, I could call and use the internet, but could not text. Several days after I was getting dropped calls and the "No service" message. I tried to contact T-Mobile, but I saw no email address on the "contact us" page, and when I tried to sign into my account it was temporarily disabled. I am still unhappy about the service lately, but it's working fine now and havehad no problems at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I've never once had a problem with T-Mobile. I seem to be in the minority with that though.

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I'd like to revive this because. . .

We have 3G up and running in Louisville.

But now I cannot call or send/receive text messages.

Thanks T-Mobile. :Grimmace:

When trying to call, it will do one of two things: immediately drop the call, or sit there in silence for 30 seconds, and then drop. Sending a message won't work, which means I definitely can't send/receive texts.

What a great service we get for paying $100+ /month

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.