Adobe Acrobat, WMP, QuickTime, and new Powerbook Aluminum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I just bought the new 15" powerbook Aluminum. I've been a lifetime Windows user so I am very new to this whole Mac thing. My first question is regarding Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0. I just downloaded it off the net and I can't open PDF files straight off the net. I have to download it onto the desktop and then open it from the desktop. On my PC I was able to open a PDF file within the browser and am wondering if there is a similar option on Macs.

I'm also having problems with video clips. I set my QuickTime application to run videos from the net, but for some the browser just will not open the video in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. All I get is a screen with jibberish on it when I click on a video link. ESPN.com and CNET.com are just some of the websites that give me these problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well for one... yeah Adobe doesnt provide that possibility for opening PDF's straight from the net.. which after awhile you'll get used to it.. and sometimes even prefer it. Since I remember I used to love that about Reader on the PC, but then I realized it really made the system grow slow.. But at this point.. it doesnt do it as far as I know :)

Videos hmm.. that's strange that it is doing that.. could you give me a certain page so that I can take a look at it and see if it's just a page problem or if it is a setup problem on your side? I know most all sites work for me with quicktime..

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.