Applications crash when on network :/

I

indokid

Hi guys

I've set up an ethernet network of 3 Macs all running OS 10.3.8, not using Appletalk, but using my ADSL ISP. Once they are connected however, the applications on each machine just crash like crazy when certain apps are open. Mainly Quark XPress 6.0 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0.

If I have Quark open, then try to launch Acrobat, I get a complete kernal panic crash. If I have Acrobat open, then launch Quark, I get messages along the lines of 'xxxx extension can't load', and Quark eventually quits or crashes the system. Distiller is fine - doesn't seem to crash anything. The same happens on all the Macs.

The weird thing is, if I unplug the ethernet cable, disconnecting a Mac from the network, the apps open and close without any problems :/

Anyone know what's going on here - its driving me crazy!!! :(

I've installed the OS loads of time, rebuilt permission etc. Nothing seems to stop these crashes. I crash like every 10 mins! :(

Help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.