• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Does Wall.E boot OSX ?

Reaction score
I finally got to see Pixar Animation's Wall.E today. Really clever story with amazing computer animation. Wall.E is a trash-collecting robot who runs off of solar panels. It seems all 3 times when he deployed his panels for a recharge I heard the same start up tones as I hear when my MBP boots up. So I'm assuming that his operating system is OSX. Makes sense since Steve Jobs is a cofounder of Pixar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
He does not boot OSX its like so far in the future! its at least OSXX or something! ;)

But in all seriousness we have discussed wether or not he was a mac a lot here, and I think most of us agree that he is using the mac boot tone so he must be somewhat mac based.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Indeed. Steve Jobs has relations with Pixar, which is probably why they got that sound to use for WallE.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I liked the movie actually. Some people don't cause it kind of portrays people as fat and lazy. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
People are fat and lazy? Well the truth must hurt some people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
OP
M
Reaction score
I liked the movie actually. Some people don't cause it kind of portrays people as fat and lazy. >_>"

That's what I thought at first but then the movie explains that due to a lack of gravity people gradually lost bone mass and the ability to move.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.