New Mac User - Networked PC's just dissapeared from my IMac

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, it's great to be here and even greater to be a mac user after using pc's for the last 10 years.

So I splashed out and bought a 27" Imac on the weekend, and have to say - overall, I'm extremely impressed with this machine.

So on to my problem,

I plugged it all in Saturday afternoon, booted it up and away she went. After the initial set up, I was delighted to find that the Mac had already mapped my 3 other pc's, and I could access them from the tree on the left in the main window where you see mac hdd, network etc.

I thought this was fantastic that the Mac would automatically do this. Anyway, I spent most of Saturday installing all the programs and software I purchased and then decided to copy my music and photo's accross from my win 7 machine.

I jumped back into the window where I could see all my other pc's, but they had simply vanished????

Now, the only way I can get back into them is by going to "Connect to Server" everytime I start the mac up.

I'm hoping one of the experts here can assist me in why, how, or what I have to do to get them to come back and display like they did automatically.

Thanks guys.

DS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.