• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Snowboarders Out There

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Looking into getting this Snow at Home system? It allows you to make it snow any night that it is under 27 degrees. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this product or know of anyone who rocks this system?

Just Looking for some feedback@@@!!!!

Check Out the SNOWMAKER here

-Raw Time Photos

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Looks kind of interesting...and less expensive than I expected (assuming someone already has a pressure washer & air compressor).

- Nick

OP
RawTimePhotos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Yeah for sure! The Prebook price of $299 is killer! If I do end up getting one I will sure post to this forum to show you guys whats up!

I was also thinking it would be a great idea for families if they wanted to give thier children a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah for sure! The Prebook price of $299 is killer! If I do end up getting one I will sure post to this forum to show you guys whats up!

It is less expensive than I was thinking it would be...but for a "do it yourselfer" as I am...if you look at the snow-maker carefully...the actual cost of the parts is actually pretty darn low. The toughest part to duplicate yourself is the spray nozzle.

If you notice in one of the videos...the nozzle they provide plugs into a "quick-disconnect" coupling like most air compressor tools. So if you could just purchase the spray nozzle part for say $25 bucks...and fabricate the rest yourself...then that would be a REALLY inexpensive snow making gizmo!

- Nick

OP
RawTimePhotos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Thanks for that pigoo3. I might just give that whirl first before I go out spending 300 bucks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that pigoo3. I might just give that whirl first before I go out spending 300 bucks!

That's what I was thinking as well. If we can figure out how to source or fabricate a nozzle...then we would be good to go!:)

I think that the REAL cost of making your own snow is having a decent sized air compressor & a pressure washer. If someone already has these two "must have" items...they're 90% there!

$300 for that snow making "rig" seems sort of pricey now that I think about it a bit more (unless I'm missing something important). It just looks like a fancy stand to hold the nozzle...the "guts" of the system is that nozzle.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
that would be awesome since the coastal jersey winters have sucked lately. there hasnt been any snow here in a while and i think that would be a sweet move to blow your own snow and shred it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.