• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone know of a windows atom netbook I can get with 1280x800 that's affordable?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking to get a netbook which is atom based like the single core N230 or dual core N330 which you find in the nettops. They are powered by Nvidia ION chipsets which allow medium setting gaming in low resolutions. But mainly it's for my work. I am looking for a screen resolution of 1280x800 and a DVI out. ethernet and wifi included. 160GB HDD and that's pretty much it. 3 USB 2.0 ports and I am good to go. Is there anything like that really affordable.

The acer nettops which don't come with monitors just that wii sized device costs £210 for single core and £250 for dual core. I wonder if I can get similar prices for a netbook with my features. I mean those prices for the nettops have way more advanced features than I want in a netbook such as MMC reader, HDMI, 160GB-320GB HDD, 7 USB 2.0 ports, which are all things I don't need.

I am not even that bothered with screen size as I will be using DVI out to plug in to a 1280x720p projector, so I would like the netbook to be able to support external resolutions that are higher than it's internal screen?

So is there anything like this out there?

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I think you may be asking for a lot in a netbook with a couple of your requirements. A resolution such as that is usually found in something 13" or higher and nobody really does DVI anymore. There are netbooks with HDMI, but I have never seen one with DVI. I am pretty sure that the only video out options that you will find will be HDMI and VGA. There are many that probably support higher resolutions over your projector, but the connection may be your issue.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
For you. First hit.

OP
S
Reaction score
I think you may be asking for a lot in a netbook with a couple of your requirements. A resolution such as that is usually found in something 13" or higher and nobody really does DVI anymore. There are netbooks with HDMI, but I have never seen one with DVI. I am pretty sure that the only video out options that you will find will be HDMI and VGA. There are many that probably support higher resolutions over your projector, but the connection may be your issue.

Many thanks for the reply

Actually HDMI is absolutely fine, as my projector has DVI so I can just use an HDMI to dvi adapter. But I also have an HDTV with an HDMI connection.

For you. First hit.

Well I had already did a google search before I made the thread, but I thought I would ask any experts on here for a recommendation, but thanks anyway.

Does anyone still know anything suitable for me, there is just so many available it all get's very confusing?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Many thanks for the reply

Actually HDMI is absolutely fine, as my projector has DVI so I can just use an HDMI to dvi adapter. But I also have an HDTV with an HDMI connection.

Well I had already did a google search before I made the thread, but I thought I would ask any experts on here for a recommendation, but thanks anyway.

Does anyone still know anything suitable for me, there is just so many available it all get's very confusing?

Thanks in advance

Considering that all of the hardware in a netbook is pretty much the same across the board of manufacturers when you include certain requirements, um... no, not really. When people want to buy netbooks at best buy, we usually tell them the truth... "well, these all come with a 1.6GHz or 1.3GHz intel atom processor, all have 1GB of RAM, and all have a 160GB hard drive. Really, its up to you to decide what you like and dislike in terms of keyboard and trackpad layout, and then style of the shell."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.