• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Relay For Life: help me save cancer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
(i hope this is not considered spam)

for the past few years i have raised over 200.00 myself for Relay for life. an overnight walk in order to help raise money to find a cure, spread the word about it, call for a change and for the community to lend its support.

I have had a busy semester and havent been able to actively go out and raise much money. I would like to ask if any of you could please donate to my team through my page on the American Cancer Society website. you can get all of the information here: My Relay for Life Website

Thank you all very much
-Chris

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
no one?? this is for a great cause, you never know when cancer is going to affect you, your mom dad brother sister or any loved one...one day there will be a cure, but we need money to do it

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am going to support my community college and friends tomorrow night for that

E

Ex_PC_Puke

Glad to hear you're dedicated to raising $$ for such an effort --- I appeciate it as I was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer -- this April will be my 3rd marking of that diagnosis. I am very lucky that there is a treatment for it (no cure) and I should live many years - maybe even a normal life span.

Cancer can strike anyone at any time --- a good reason to have periodic physicals no matter what your age -- mine was caught during a routine physical -- I felt fine .... but if another year or 2 had gone by ---- I'd be dead

I'd donate -- but I'm unemployed and in school --- big bummer --- keep up the good work

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i would like to thank those that donated, you can donate up until 6:00 AM EST this saturday

i wish you best of luck pc_puke
-chris

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
my last bump becasue i have a musical to do tech crew for tonight and i wont be around until after donations are no longer accepted....please continue to donate and help out cancer research.....

{note to mods: if you dont like this type of thread you can delete it saturday morning}

J

Jefe3223

Well our relays out here in the chitown area were a couple of weeks ago...odd how it moves cross states....on a seperate note, C.Z., what do you do for the shows? Backstage, oo lights, oooo! sound, ooooo!!! stage manager?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.