editing software question

Reaction score
alright so I'm not really sure how to word my question in order to search for the answer ... say on google or something, so i'll just ask here

uhhh so basically i want an image editing software a lot like corel paint shop pro, the only tool im really looking for is the one that brightens things (but it works in the form of a brush) you can change the shape of the brush and size, etc. so say i want to enhance JUST the eye color, or maybe to trace an objects edges to place a glowing haze around the object ... you get what im asking?

soo are there any programs out there that have this, but work on a mac?
(i hate that corel is windows only, frigggennnnnnn)

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I think you're referring to the Dodge tool. There are quite a few Mac programs that have this capability. If you're looking for a free program, check out GIMP. For a more Mac-specific solution that is for sale, look at Pixelmator. And of course, there is always Adobe Photoshop, which is probably completely overkill and far too expensive if that's all you're looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I'd second nabl's recommendation on GIMP. Great free app for things like that.

Oh if you have difficulties running it, put in your OS X disc and install X11 - this is required for GIMP to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.