Apple care and 'quick drop'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ok, so just be forewarned that quick drop is the most ridiculous program ever. I've been having a chronic bluetooth problem with my MBP. This has resulted in multiple phone support calls, which subsequently required me driving into the apple store to completely REDO the PD that was performed over the phone because the two entities are completely separate. Which is complete and utter shite, because a singular database is NOT that difficult to maintain.

Now, so far I've had a bluetooth card replaced, which took 3 drives to the apple store to get dealt with at 20mi each way. So they finally order a logic board, which came in while I was at the Grand Canyon. My wife brings the laptop in to have this replaced and was told that they NEEDED to do 'quick drop' for this. What I found out today was that despite this being performed two days ago it wasn't actually checked in until today because they have 48 hours to 'troubleshoot' anything that comes in as quick drop. This means that they intentionally sat on the ****ed thing for the full 48 hours before even starting the 5-7 day repair of a 1 hour operation. I'm so fed up with Apple's customer support over this entire issue it's not even funny.

I wonder if I can teach my wife and kids how to use a linux box.

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Actually had NOTHING to do with the hardware (it's an ASUS board in there more than likely anyway), and was solely about the quality of apples service offerings.. which fit far better in 'anything goes' than in 'other hardware and peripherals', but whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.