What Password is it Wanting?

R

robpom

I am trying to set up my new Powerbook to access my wireless router but its prompting me for a password. I tried the router password and the WEP key - no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

RP

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
There are two different WEP options, did you try them both? Try 40 first, if that is one of the options, I can't remember off the top of my head.

OP
R

robpom

iWhat said:
There are two different WEP options, did you try them both? Try 40 first, if that is one of the options, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Tried admin password - didn't work.

I am using the Assist Me option. It just asks for a password - didn't see any options.

BTW - the router is a Linksys router.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
In the menu bar, click on the airport icon. Then select your wireless network. Then you should be prompted to enter you password, which will be your hex. For "Wireless Security", select either WEP 40/128-bit hex, then enter in the hex with all the numbers and letters, then select ok. That should let you on the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.