Apache PHP Error Handlers

V

vtupser

Does anyone know how to turn on the Apache PHP Error Handlers (the errors it spits out when something is miscoded on your page) for the Apache PHP server on the Mac? Mine used to do it, but once I upgraded to PHP 5.0 it doesnt do it anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
check your php.ini file, which you can find by creating a page and putting this in it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Around the top it should say where the php.ini file is. Then check for things like:

display_errors = Off and change it to On
error_reporting = E_ALL and change to E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE

That should do it for you. Oh and make sure you restart apache after doing this :)

OP
V

vtupser

I have found the file, but it is write protected and I cant even change the permission to write. I am the adminster of my computer, but dont know why it is locked. Any clue on how to unlock it?

OP
V

vtupser

Nevermind, just had to click the stupid lock to unlock it and change permissions. Thanks for the help though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
heh sorry that it took so long for me to get back here.. but yeah good to hear you got it so that you can edit it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.