Boot Camp - Windows 7

Reaction score
Hey.

I've installed windows 7 on a boot camp partition on my macbook pro. Everything is running smooth although there is one thing I'd like to know if it's possible to do.

When you run windows through vmware fusion 2 you get a shortcut to your user folder on your mac hd (folder with you pics, documents, downloads, music, movies, etc).

Is it possible on a boot camp partition to have this same feature, or am I forced to place it onto a flash-drive and then reboot into snow leopard??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
You should be able to access your OS X partition via My Computer in Windows.

Reaction score
How should we be able to do this? I'm curious too.. I also have Windows 7 installed on my MBP

Reaction score
Hi all, since this question kinds of falls along the same line as the questions I'm about to ask I figured I'd post it here instead of starting a new thread. I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate to a partition on one of the hard drives on my Mac.

This Mac has 4 internal hard drives, so I was wondering how I can access the files from those hard drives through the Windows 7 partition that I've created. A step-by-step would be great!

Also, I'm kind of curious as to what BootCamp actually does to the hard drive or how the hard drive is treated if I were to take it out and use it to boot up on another computer. The reason I ask is because I plan to build a new computer in the future and would like to have that computer running on Windows 7. So...

My questions are:
1. If I format the entire hard drive to a SINGLE Windows partition with no Mac partition, would I simply be able to plug this hard drive into my new computer system that I plan to build and have it boot up into Windows 7 flawlessly? Or does formatting with BootCamp make it hold some kind of loyalty to only booting up only on Macs?

2. If doing the above would work, then I assume that if I have a hard drive already formatted as a single Windows partition (say a hard drive from one of my PCs running Windows XP) then would I simply be able to hook it up to the Mac and hold option to boot into it?

Here are my Mac Pro specs just in case it's needed for whatever reason:
Processor: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3.2GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
Memory: 16GB
System Version: Mac OSX 10.5.8

So just to clarify, I have four internal hard drives on this system:

Macintosh HD (1TB)
MacHD2 (1TB)
MacHD3 (1TB)
MacHD4 (500GB) <--- Windows 7 installed as a 50GB partition on this drive

and I'd like to be able to access files from Macintosh HD, MacHD2, and MacHD3 from within the Windows 7 partition. Thanks for any help you are able to provide!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.