trying to purchase a camcorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
hello guys I am new using Mac, I do apologize if I am in the wrong area..... I'm looking to see if anyone can put me in the right direction. I going on vacations real soon in Christmas. I am looking for a camcorder, I am not a savvy when it become to video editing. I'm just want to be able to save the videos on my Mac, my budget is about $300 maybe few extra bucks. Also I am open for recommendation. Thanks guys i will really appreciate any help.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately iMovie can only exploit footage in digital form. Make sure when you get a camcorder to get the appropriate Firewire(also goes by the name iLink or IEEE 1394) or USB cable.
MiniDV camcorder makes nice with Macs. Sony, JVC and Panasonic make them for less than $200 in some instances. Also if you intend to edit in iMovie steer clear of the Sony Camcorder type, Micro MV (they aren't compatible).
Remember that iMovie only supports AVCHD, MPEG-4 and HDV. (as well as standard MPEG-2 and DV formats.)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
Unfortunately iMovie can only exploit footage in digital form. Make sure when you get a camcorder to get the appropriate Firewire(also goes by the name iLink or IEEE 1394) or USB cable.
MiniDV camcorder makes nice with Macs. Sony, JVC and Panasonic make them for less than $200 in some instances. Also if you intend to edit in iMovie steer clear of the Sony Camcorder type, Micro MV (they aren't compatible).
Remember that iMovie only supports AVCHD, MPEG-4 and HDV. (as well as standard MPEG-2 and DV formats.)

Dan that was a lot of info thanks for the help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All that knowledge was due to the "Macs For Dummies" book. Great piece of literature for a beginner like myself. I suggest it to anyone who is new to Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.