Start Windows Xp on startup

Reaction score
boot windows xp OR mac os

hi

i tried parallels to run win xp but i have a old macbook and only 1 gb memory so it runs slowly.
i have mac os 10.4 so there is no boot camp, i dont need to run the mac os and the windows at the same time it is possible to run windows xp from the start without booting the mac os?

i have to convert some audio files i hope there is a way, because with both systems running it takes for ever.

i also have vmware fusion maybe it is possible with that?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
which macbook?

Reaction score
did you boot camp your mac?... i boot camped mine so windows runs natively which works out perfect for me... All you do is at startup you hold the option key and you choose which os you want to run

OP
F
Reaction score
hi i have an

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Memory: 1 GB
and i have mac os 10.4 Tiger there is no boot camp on it.

Boot camp only comes with leopard.
But this is what i want, to decide which os to boot in the beginning?

is there another possibility

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Never tried installing Win when I was running Tiger, so don't have an answer for you there. But, if all you're using it for is converting audio files, there is software available for converting just about every type of audio file in OS X.

OP
F
Reaction score
hi

i looked for a long time to find a app thats convert dts to ac3 from a mkv, but i havent found anything for the tiger.

If you know one pls write me.

i just found out about crossover. its converts the exe and you can use the app on your mac.
so i went from 7 hours with xp and tiger to 30 minutes on the mac :D

but its still a little complicated so if you know a better program pls reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.