Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on my Macbook. When I installed it, using bootcamp I had to have the full version of Vista Ultimate. I now want to install Windows 7. What version do I need and do I need the full version or can I use an upgrade version from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 and can you point me to some documentation on this process and the exact requirements? Thank you.

Reaction score
I'd like to know this too, sicne I will be buying the windows 7 professional upgrade for my vista ultimate 64 bit on mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
you just need the upgrade if you have Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
you just need the upgrade.

I even upgraded from XP lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Hi everyone. Windows Vista Ultimate can be upgraded to Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate. Get Home Premium if this is just for personal use, if you also bring it to the office, get Professional just to be on the safe side.

Windows XP Pro can be upgraded to the same pathway, but I believe you have to go through migration rather than direct upgrade (Saves personal files on external drive/DVD).

Just be sure to check 32-bit / 64-bit if you buy OEM.

If you're planning on buying Windows 7, you should know Newegg's OEM prices are cheaper than the upgrade version.

Also, if you have a valid .edu e-mail address, you can get Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional for just $30+ship/tax.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.