I'm an Idiot... Can't figure how to transfer photos from Camera memory card to iPhoto

Reaction score
For some reason, I can't figure out how to transfer my photos from my digital cameras memory card, to iPhoto. It does not do it automatically. I plug the card into a card reader, insert it into a USB port and I can see the photos. It won't export them to the album I have created. I have in the past, copied them and pasted, and that does work, but I just returned from vacation and have hundreds. There has to be a better way. I did the search, but evidently my question is so simple, no one has ask it recently. Please, someone remind me. Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
You can click the first picture and scroll to the last picture and hold down shift and click on the last pic and all of the pictures will be highlighted. From there you can right click and copy and paste or import all of the selected photos. I'm not sure if you're having trouble with iPhoto, but there is a button to "Import All" you can try that I'm not sure what you've tried already. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Leave the card in position, hook up your camera via USB2 and open iPhoto and hit import. It will take in photos off the card and from the camera also.

Reaction score
For some reason, I can't figure out how to transfer my photos from my digital cameras memory card, to iPhoto. It does not do it automatically. I plug the card into a card reader, insert it into a USB port and I can see the photos. It won't export them to the album I have created. I have in the past, copied them and pasted, and that does work, but I just returned from vacation and have hundreds. There has to be a better way. I did the search, but evidently my question is so simple, no one has ask it recently. Please, someone remind me. Thanks,

Use Finder to highlight the photos on the card and drag and drop on iPhoto on the dock, makes no difference if iPhoto is running or not, it will import right into iPhoto. I never advise anyone to plug their camera into the computer if they have a card reader. It's too easy to get busy and forget they are hooked together and grab one or the other and sling the other across the room. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use Finder to highlight the photos on the card and drag and drop on iPhoto on the dock, makes no difference if iPhoto is running or not, it will import right into iPhoto. I never advise anyone to plug their camera into the computer if they have a card reader. It's too easy to get busy and forget they are hooked together and grab one or the other and sling the other across the room. :Grimmace:

Do you really sling them across the room? Holy cow wonder they ever work!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.