Having trouble updating Nvida driver

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having trouble installing the 186.81 driver from Nvidia, it extracts and copies but then at the end it gives an error message. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and what they did to fix it? BTW this was the driver i downloaded from the official Nvida site that is about 138MB.

Reaction score
try again, maybe the download was corrupt.

OP
B
Reaction score
I keep getting the error "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will not exit."

This is the one I downloaded from the NVIDIA site:

186.81_notebook_win7_winvista_64bit_international_whql

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That message is telling you that the drivers you downloaded are not for your hardware. In other words, you downloaded the incorrect drivers. Are you running the 64 bit version of Vista or Win 7 because that's what you downloaded. If not, go back and get the 32 bit version of the same driver set and it should work.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
I figured it out, its cuz it has to have a modified INF file. Anyways, which version do u guys think will give me the highest 3dmark benchmark score? Is tehre anyway of upgrading the graphics card? I want to run batman arkam asylum at max settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.