68K Mac Plus (1987 Model) Boot Disks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz MacBook '07, 1.83 GHz Mac Mini '06, 700MHz Emac 2003, 400MHz Imac 2001
Hi guys.
I have an old 1987 Plus which I had left in my basement for about 2 decades. I want to use it again, just to find my old files and have a neat old computer, but I lost the Boot Disk required to start the machine. When I turn it on, the little question mark inside a floppy disk appears, or sometimes an "x" in the disk. Sometimes it doesn't start at all, but rather flashes various pixels on the screen and makes sounds. I tried hooking it up to an old external hard drive I had, but it seems corroded, because the drive doesn't maintain the red light which shows the connection between the machines. If anybody knows a website where I could get more info on my old mac, It would be a great help!
BTW, does the Plus run 800k floppies or 1.44 floppies? I've lost all my 800ks and only have 1.44s left.;P

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi guys.
I have an old 1987 Plus which I had left in my basement for about 2 decades. I want to use it again, just to find my old files and have a neat old computer, but I lost the Boot Disk required to start the machine. When I turn it on, the little question mark inside a floppy disk appears, or sometimes an "x" in the disk. Sometimes it doesn't start at all, but rather flashes various pixels on the screen and makes sounds. I tried hooking it up to an old external hard drive I had, but it seems corroded, because the drive doesn't maintain the red light which shows the connection between the machines. If anybody knows a website where I could get more info on my old mac, It would be a great help!
BTW, does the Plus run 800k floppies or 1.44 floppies? I've lost all my 800ks and only have 1.44s left.;P

Mac Plus uses 800k floppies.

This could be a source for the older System software which I believe is free to download cause it's so old:

Classic Mac OS Downloads and Updates

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz MacBook '07, 1.83 GHz Mac Mini '06, 700MHz Emac 2003, 400MHz Imac 2001

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.