• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hello, everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook Clamshell 466mhz, PowerBook 2400c
Hi! I'm new to this forum, but definitely not new to Apple. I grew up using nothing but Apple (started with a IIe I think). I'm still obsessed with the older machines and software, and wanted somewhere I could chat about them with people who appreciate them. I like new Apples too, of course, but my Clamshell and PowerBook 2400 remain my true loves. ;D I repair the older machines as a hobby too, so I'll probably be able to help out answering questions. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
We welcome you and your knowledge .

Reaction score
Theres not many of us old Macheads still here. There was ownce a classic page but its not in the menu anymore. I still run some powermacs in OS9. Im posting with an 8600 in OS 9 right now. Welcome aboard.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome VintageApple to Mac Forums! Glad to see another long time Apple person join up. There are quite a few here with older Macs.

I still have my Plus and SE and Powerbook 170. All still work great. I often log in here with my old 7600 with a G3 CPU and OSX 10.2 for the fun of it.

Reaction score
And I'm posting using a G4 Power Mac with 10.4.11. Nice of you to be here!

OP
VintageApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook Clamshell 466mhz, PowerBook 2400c
Theres not many of us old Macheads still here. There was ownce a classic page but its not in the menu anymore. I still run some powermacs in OS9. Im posting with an 8600 in OS 9 right now. Welcome aboard.
Thanks! What browser do you use in OS9? I haven't found one I really like.

Welcome VintageApple to Mac Forums! Glad to see another long time Apple person join up. There are quite a few here with older Macs.

I still have my Plus and SE and Powerbook 170. All still work great. I often log in here with my old 7600 with a G3 CPU and OSX 10.2 for the fun of it.
Oooh, PowerBook 170. That's one of the systems I really want. I had one in my hands once, but the motherboard was bad and I couldn't find a replacement. :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.