Recovering Passwords

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Say if I wanted to find out a password that I have used to set up email or just passwords in general and I don't remember what they were, can I find them in keychain? I looked in there and I saw all the sites and the kinds but nowhere could I see what the passwords that I had set up are. Is there no way to find them in the keychain? Just curious as to what I can learn from using keychain. If passwords are stored there how can they be accessed?
Thanks for a reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Double click the entry in Keychain > Select Show password > enter your keychain password.

The keychain password is the same as your password for logging in IF you haven't changed it.
S.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Hi torchy, thanks for the reply. Your info helped a lot. Always something to learn and so much of it too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
You are very welcome.
You may also find Keychain good for "secure notes" for saving software registration numbers etc. Keychain > File > New Secure Note Item.
S.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You are very welcome.
You may also find Keychain good for "secure notes" for saving software registration numbers etc. Keychain > File > New Secure Note Item.
S.
Great to know that one...
Will be using that now for said rego numbers

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.