Flash Drive Partitioning

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes...

I have this Flash drive of 16 GB, and I want to partition it in NTFS.
If anybody knows how to do that, please let me know, as I know jack about Windows.... if I can do this on my Mac, even better.

Thanks a bunch;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Right click and then there should be an option to format it. Play around with the options in there.

Doing this off the top of my head, haven't touched my Windows box in months.

As for the Mac you can partition it in disk utility, but it won't have the options to format it as NTSF unless you download/install additional drivers/plugins/software.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
So if I right click in Windows on my Flash drive, the option to format will be in NTFS?

Thanks for replying CR;D

BTW, I have a registered version of Paragon NTFS for Mac, but no option to format, just read... is that right?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't have any experience with Paragon, I'm currently using NTSF-3G for Mac. I'm looking at disk utility now and it has an option to format my device as Windows File System (NTSF-3G)

I think there is a drop down list of the different formats you can format your device in Windows.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right, just checked but no NTFS, guess I'm gonna have to try the same app as you do... so how much is this one gonna set me back:)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, that's right, just checked but no NTFS, guess I'm gonna have to try the same app as you do... so how much is this one gonna set me back:)

Well the version that I had is free. Now they are charging 17 dollars I think. >_<"

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Ok, that's not so bad... thanks CR, I think I can manage from here;D

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Alright, it works.

420px-Thumbs_up.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.