Finder default folder option, unexpanded folders

Reaction score
When I exit finder after expanding a folder (the grey triangle points downward rather than to the side, not sure what you call it) and reopen finder, the folder is still expanded.

Is their a way to make it so that the next time I open finder all my folders remain unexpanded? I don't like the way it works. ;)

That was a tough one for me to explain, sorry if that doesn't make sense to anybody.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
If you don't like the finder side bar folders expanded then close them before closing finder.. :)
Finder opens in the view & size you left it in.

The 'Save As' window will automatically expand them so you can find the folder you want to save to.

Personally I leave all except the search option expanded for easy access ~ the folders I want to access all the time are dragged over to the sidebar.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
I just don't like the messy look and don't want to spend the time closing it down again, but it looks to me like I don't have a choice.

Thanks anyway,
Brendan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
You could press the white lozenge top right on the Finder window to remove the toolbar and the sidebar.
Clean and tidy :)

Don't worry ~ It's a Toggle switch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.