Can't get mobile phone Bluetooth

cjp

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using a newish 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz with 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3. I need urgently to bluetooth some photos from my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson W910i) onto my computer but it will not let me. It used to work fine with my old Powerbook. I've tried downloading the plug-in but am really clueless about this kind of thing - it's till not working.
If anyone would be so kind as to run me through what I should do step by step I would be really grateful.

Thanks,

C

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
First of all, make sure Bluetooth is switched on on both devices, on your macbook in the menu to the right, or else within your system preferences panel. And make sure your Macbook is detactable.

In the same menu choose the option "list devices" (name may vary, 5th item from the top in the menu)
now you should get a new screen, wait a couple of seconds, and your mobile eventually will pop up.
select it by pressing the blue button.
You should now be in your mobile phone, find the pictures folder and drag the pictures to there.
and there you go.

OP
C

cjp

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for this but I had already tried it that way. It allows me to browse the phone but out of 270 photos I know to be on the phone only 4 show up when I browse it via the computer.
What I want to do is send photos to my computer from my phone. With my old Powerbook this was so simple; I just used to select the photo and hit 'send via bluetooth'. Now when I try to do that the phone says 'Bluetooth Connection Failed'. Both computer and phone are set to 'discoverable'.
is this something to do with needing a plug-in?

Thanks,

C

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
You say about 270 photo's, do you use an extra memory card of some sort?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.