CD stuckH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
My Windows XP installation disk is stuck in the CD drive. This occurred as I was loading Windows XP while setting up Boot Camp. I'm stuck in a cycle where the iMAC only reboots into the XP disk - I cannot get the computer to load into the iMAC operating system to eject this disk.

I've tried holding the shift key down during power up as suggested in a manual I have, but no luck. There's no small hole that I could put a paper clip in to force the disk out as I had on my Windows computer.

I'm stuck - literally!!

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hold down the mouse on start up, not the shift key.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also, you should be able to boot to OS X by pressing and holding the "Option" key as soon as you hear the startup chime.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Also, you should be able to boot to OS X by pressing and holding the "Option" key as soon as you hear the startup chime.

Regards.

Got the disk out. Thanks to both of you for the assistance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.