3G Screen Problem

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got a really weird problem with my iPhone 3G running 3.1. The screen on my phone will randomly begin to flicker on/off, and there's no specific instant that causes the phone to do this, although it happens mostly when on the lock screen and/or text messaging.

What happens is basically the screen just flickers and goes black, and then I have to hit the home screen button to wake it up again. Sometimes what also happens is that it will flicker off black and I can tap the screen it will come on, if it tap the screen again it shuts off and etc....

Im guessing this is a hardware issue but I don't know has anyone else had similar problems? I haven't taken it in to get looked at yet because I know I'm past warranty :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Hm.. that isn't one of the highly complained about problems regarding the 3.1 software, although it's possible it is causing it. How long has this been going on, and how long have you had 3.1?

I'm most certainly not ruling out that your hardware could be defective, but 3.1 has quite a few issues ;)

OP
N
Reaction score
No, I don't think this is specifically an issue with 3.1 because I have had this problem before on 3.0 and prior. Also just so you know this happens whether my phone is jailbroken or not, same issue either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I'm afraid for you, that there are some loose (wires) going to your screen interface.
Also you say it mostly happens when on the lock-screen and when receiving messages, (both situations include heavy vibrating)
possibly causing the wires to disconnect. my advise is to go to your provider with this problem, cause its obviously a hardware issue

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.