how do i get fullscreen with firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive
Hi, i just started using my mac a few days ago, and for the past hour I have been looking through the menu in firefox to get into fullscreen mode. How do I do it, F11 just shows the desktop, ctrl+f, command+F, and option+f do not go fullscreen, and I cannot figure it out at all. I run a low screen resolution because I have an old monitor, so fullscreen is really helpful for some sites. Can anyone help me.

Oh, and if anyone knows why this is happening, I downloaded a video widget (ESPN video or something like that) and all it does is show the quicktime logo with a question mark on it. I have flip4mac installed, that's what it said would fix the problem, but it didn't. It's not a big deal because I can just as easily launch a browser to view sports highlights, but if anyone knows why this happens, please tell me, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
This is Mac OS not Windows. The fullest screen you get is how far you can click and drag. Frankly I like it that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Not sure why this is happening to you. When I click the green "Zoom" button, Firefox goes full screen.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Not sure why this is happening to you. When I click the green "Zoom" button, Firefox goes full screen.
I think he means "covering the entire screen", dock and menubar included. As far as I know, this is not possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I think he means "covering the entire screen", dock and menubar included. As far as I know, this is not possible.
Agreed, though you could have the dock set to hidden to get the affect of a "full-screen."

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There is no such thing as full screen for browsers on a Mac. You just pull the corners and center the browser until it fits your screen.

Reaction score
You can try using the button on the upper right corner of the window to remove address bar and bookmarks bar. Probably that's what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I guess there are lots of definitions of what "full screen" means. I have a feeling the original poster means to say that he wants the Zoom button to work like the Maximize button in Windows. It doesn't work that way, but once you drag the window to fill the screen, it will open up to that size every time you hit the Zoom button. So originally my Firefox window did not open up full screen. I had to drag the corner and now it opens up to that size whenever I hit Zoom.

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean i used to love the full screen view in IE or Firefox when pressing F11. But if you make your dock disapear when your cursor isn't on it and organize the icons in firefox and get rid of the bookmark and all the other crap on the top it's pretty much the same thing. I make my icons small only have back, forward the address bar on top of firefox on the same line. Hope i explained that right.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive
This is Mac OS not Windows. The fullest screen you get is how far you can click and drag. Frankly I like it that way.

No, that's not what I am talking about. One of the other posts solved it, thanks gagnerant's I did not know the dock had to be hidden to bring the screen down all the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.