Thoughts on iPhone software 3.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Post here any negative or positive thoughts on the new 3.1 software update for the iPhone.

Let me Remind you of the updates new features:
-Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
-iTunes U content organization
-Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
-Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
-Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
-Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
-Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
-Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
-Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
-Paste phone numbers into the keypad
-Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
-Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
-Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
-Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
You forgot chops battery by let's say 1/3 !

Reaction score
im still on my wait and see mode...i havent updated yet with 3.1, as i have not encountered issues with 3.0...im afraid if i upgrade to 3.1 issues would arise and i dont know waht to with it...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
I have an iphone 3g and upgraded. I am happy with the results. No problems here. Same battery life. Can use my phone all day and still have 85% battery life left.

I just got the iphone and the next day I got 3.1 so I didn't even get to use 3.0 and jumped straight to 3.1 and have had no problems. I love this phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Personally, I haven't noticed much of a difference. My phone is still slow and lags between transitions/keyboard use/using apps. The battery still drains rather quickly, even under minimal/standby usage.

I don't use many of the new features that are in 3.1

I want my 2.2.1 back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
DarkArt when I recieved my iPhone replacement last week it came loaded with 2.2.1 and it was so nice for the 2 days I left it. But I am addicted to software updates and just couldn't help myself !

Reaction score
Personally, I haven't noticed much of a difference. My phone is still slow and lags between transitions/keyboard use/using apps. The battery still drains rather quickly, even under minimal/standby usage.

I don't use many of the new features that are in 3.1

I want my 2.2.1 back.

Why is your phone lagging between those things? My phone flies between everything. When I need it to transition it does. When I open an app it opens right then.

Then again, this could be because I am using the 3GS. After doing some speed tests against my step-dads 3G, it is quite a bit faster.

OP
DanFlan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes the 3GS is has considerably faster transitions and app load times. But back to the the new 3.1 software, has anyone encountered any problems worth mentioning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
I haven't had any issues with battery life, if anything it has improved a little.

What I have had since downloading 3.1 is the issue when it won't wake up from sleep mode. Then I have to do the force reboot thing several times before it finally snaps out of it. This has happened about three times now. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
Battery life on my 3g dropped a lot, it usually lasts for about 2 days now its about 1 maybe 1 and a half. Though i dont use the features all the time its REALLY nice to have picture messaging, sometimes you just gotta send a picture to someone.

OP
DanFlan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't had any issues with battery life, if anything it has improved a little.

What I have had since downloading 3.1 is the issue when it won't wake up from sleep mode. Then I have to do the force reboot thing several times before it finally snaps out of it. This has happened about three times now. :mad:

Fortunately the newest update (3.1.2) fixes that problem. :) If you haven't downloaded it yet I suggest you do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Why is your phone lagging between those things? My phone flies between everything. When I need it to transition it does. When I open an app it opens right then.

Then again, this could be because I am using the 3GS. After doing some speed tests against my step-dads 3G, it is quite a bit faster.

That's exactly it. I have the 3G. The 3.0 killed the performance/battery life so bad on it for me, that I'm actually VERY highly considering selling my phone and going with a Blackberry.

This is a shame, because I loved the 3G when I had it on 2.2.1. Everything was snappy and the battery life was good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.