• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gday from down under

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 I5-MBA 13-Ipad 2 Iphone 4 -ATV 2G
Hi everyone,I am just saying hi,I have just recently betrayed my windows system & took the plunge & got myself a imac 2009 24inch,& I realy like this awesome machine,I cant wait to get home to use it,I dont know why i have waited so long to buy one,anyway,I am still finding my way around it but i will catch on with a little bit of help from the mac forum community.thnx guys:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Hi. Down under? Nah We're on top. Not our fault most world maps are upside down :) Seriously though congrats on your Macintosh purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Welcome and there are quite a few Ozzies here. Helps if you put location as she is a pretty big place. See the8thark is from the Las Vegas of the North. On Sunday they will only be one hour and ten years behind the times!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome aboard cobber but just keep in mind to get to a higher level u have to 'cross the ditch'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Congrats and welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome and there are quite a few Ozzies here. Helps if you put location as she is a pretty big place. See the8thark is from the Las Vegas of the North. On Sunday they will only be one hour and ten years behind the times!

HAHA LMAO@ 10yrs behind ........ :D Dont forget to turn your clock forward an hour 2am Sunday morning either Harry .... :p

Oh yea welcome pharealmac, you jumped onto a great forum.
Wont take you too long to pick things up with your new iMac, and the knowledge on hear from the members has been in-valuable to me.

Enjoy

Cheers

Reaction score
Welcome.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
In the interests of Trans-Tasman relationships, also from "across the ditch" (Collin Bl), where we're ahead of the rest of the world (we studiously ignore Tonga's claim) ... welcome! Naturally, in response to Harry's scathing attack on a fellow Aussie I say,"don't take him too seriously ;D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.