Group Email Issue

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can solve this issue...

I've created multiple group emails & until recently haven't had any problems just double clicking group & all addresses pop into the TO field.

Now, when I double click the group only 1 email address w/in that group pops in??? ***!!!

My work around is to go into group box of all email addy's do a select all & then double click group.

This occurs for all groups I have created which leads me to believe I've accidentally made some sort of setting change??

I have not being able to just click the group name & all addresses w/in that group pop in.

Please help.

Thx in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Sure, I can help with that question.

Use your Address Book, not Mail. Just open Address Book, select the group you want to send to, right click on it, and choose "Send email to (name of group)." A New Message will be created addressed to all members of the group you selected.

Easy, eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I have a similar problem since I upgraded to snow leopard. When composing mail I click on address book and I click on my "group" email. The problem is that the first name in the group is highlighted and when I double click on the group only the first name in the address book gets sent to the BCC line. It wasn't this way before snow leopard, where I would just double click on my bcc and it would go into the bcc line. Now only that first name which is highlighted (I don't know why it's highlighted) goes into the bcc column. My work around is to highlight all the names in my group list and then click on bcc and it works that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
With a new mail message open, in the TO box, just start typing the name of the group -- "Friends" or "Family" or whatever the name of the group is. Should fill in all names in that group. See if that works better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Hi Mary, just tried your suggestion and it worked very well. I typed "group" into the bcc field and it filled in all the names in the group. Thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.