MacBook AC Adapter issue

Reaction score
A couple months ago we downloaded an update for our MacBook and it changed the appearance of the safari browser. But it also changed our wireless connection. If we have the AC/Adapter plugged in to the notebook we have internet connection, but if we DON'T have the notebook plugged in, no connection. Anyone know a fix for this??

It's really strange -we'll be connected to the internet but if we unplug the charger we also get disconnected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
This seems to be more of a hardware related issue, that a software related one. Although you might want to try and revert back to before you downloaded that update, and see if that helps any.
What I suspect might be happening is that your battery could be dying. In that sense, I would try calibrating your battery to see if that helps at all.

I've never seen this issue before :( hopefully someone else has!
Good luck!

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks - as you can tell I'm new to these threads... Did I post this in the right foruM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Thanks - as you can tell I'm new to these threads... Did I post this in the right foruM?

Kinda not really.. lol. If you're new the macs then yes, if not the hardware section would have been a more appropriate place to post. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.