• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac [Windows] Spyware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Can my mac (OS X 10.3.8) get Windows spyware on it...i know it won't affect it but...can I still get it, knowing that I can't get rid of it makes me sad...and what about viruses?

M

meltbanana314

No, you can't get Windows spyware or viruses. The only exception to that would be the tracking cookies (like tribalfusion or ads.doubleclick.net) that are cross platform.

Just set your web browser to accept cookies only from sites you visit, and keep your firewall on. You'll be pretty secure that way.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
How do I turn on the firewall? Sorry I don't know very much about the OS I love! : (...nvm I figured it out!! : )

J

Jefe3223

System preferences>sharing>firewall. Here you can turn it on, off, or only allow certain things to pass through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Consider that most of the internet plagues uses the Windows registry and Internet Explorer to make your life misserable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.