Mac not letting me share pictures

Reaction score
Hi everyone:D

For most of this year I have been flawlessly uploading 100's of pictures with this computer. It is has 10.5 and I usually use Safari to upload pictures to either photo bucket or my website.

It has not worked for the last couple of months and I can't figure out why! I know this may sounds weird but it just quit working all the sudden. Just to play around I used a Mac book with the same OS and everything and it uploaded fine. I have also tried an IMB thinkpad and that does good as well. I did these tests to make sure it was not the internet connection.

So my question is what may have happened and how can I fix it?

Is it possible that it did and automatic update and changed something? Is the Norton software messing with me?

Thank you in advance for any help.:D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Is the Norton software messing with me?

Probably. Disable it and see.

Any particular reason you have Norton on there to begin with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Check your Safari preferences and look under Security. Are 'Enable Java' or 'Enable Javascript' de-selected?

Yesterday I found a site that used a pop-up window to move forward in a purchasing request. I had to de-select 'Block Pop-Up Windows' under the Safari menu.

OP
D
Reaction score
Probably. Disable it and see.

Any particular reason you have Norton on there to begin with?

I disabled Norton and that did not solve anything. All of the securities are set very loosely in the preferences as well.

I had a virus a while back so that is why Norton is there.

Is there anything else I can do?

OP
D
Reaction score
Check your Safari preferences and look under Security. Are 'Enable Java' or 'Enable Javascript' de-selected?

Yesterday I found a site that used a pop-up window to move forward in a purchasing request. I had to de-select 'Block Pop-Up Windows' under the Safari menu.

Both are turned on.

OP
D
Reaction score
Mac not sharing pictures.

I turned off Norton, file sharing is enabled and still nothing!

I can't upload pictures to photobucket but for some reason I can upload photos to facebook.

I really can't think what else could be wrong. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thank You.

Reaction score
It's just being greedy and does not want to share. :] maybe photobucket happened to be down at the time. it's been a few days since the last post, have you tried again recently? Maybe the pics are too big?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.