C++ novice needs help getting started.

Reaction score
I'm taking a c++ class and need to write c programs and debug. The problem is I'm running a 733 MHz g4 w/ legacy processor/ osx-panther. So all the new intel based programs like xcode or visual studio>via virtual pc, will not run on this machine. So, What program (old or new) do I need to write and test c++ on this old box?
(I tried netbeans but it does not include a compiler. And I could not figure out how to install jdk w/ netbeans.) Please help- Thanx- DG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I believe the version of XCode that came on your Panther CDs (or DVD) has C++ capabilities. Also, if you create a free Apple developer account, you maybe able to download a newer version, but it has to be the right one for Panther.

OP
D
Reaction score
I don't have the original disc, this box was 2nd hand. So when I do a search it will come up with the new version of x-code. Any other old programs I can search for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
AHA!

no, looks like I was right. ;) All you really need are the compilers.. which are listed

Screen shot 2009-09-26 at 12.15.26 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't have the original disc, this box was 2nd hand. So when I do a search it will come up with the new version of x-code. Any other old programs I can search for?

The starting location to get a free ADC account.

Don't know what you mean by 'other old programs'. Most say what their requirements are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.