Satellite Internet Drops...

Reaction score
My new Macbook Pro can't seem to stay connected to my Satellite Internet...
Like it connects for a bit then drops without warning
I was told to put in the router number and dns or something I'm not too sure why but it doesn't seem to help.
BTW this is the only computer in the house that wont stay connected the other PC based laptops do.
Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Hi, welcome to the forums.

I used to have satellite as my only internet option (rural New England) and experienced the same issues with my Mac. Just to clarify, are you using a dedicated router plugged into your satellite modem? Or are you using the satellite modem as a standalone router as well.

If you do have a router, my first advice would be to upgrade the firmware of the device. This addressed my issue. If the satellite modem is functioning as your router, I would contact your satellite provider (most likely Hughes or Wild Blue) and ask them about any incompatibilities with the Mac platform.

Good luck.

OP
N
Reaction score
I have my Sat. modem with a D-Link router and I have contacted router support and they were not helpful at all :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Easiest thing to do is go to the D-Link site, find your model, download the firmware and install it. You typically do this via the router Web UI.

OP
N
Reaction score
And if that doesn't work? What could it be? I mean just to put it in an example say I turn on my Mac then open up Safari and MSN Messenger, I could be on it for a few minutes then it disconnects and I get booted off everything internet related I was doing.. :( This is becoming a very frustrating problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Try this:

Disconnect one or more of the other computers in the house.
Turn them off completely and leave them off.
Then try to connect with the MacBook Pro again.

Let us know if it stays connected or not that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.