Connect printer Canon MP240 to mac

Reaction score
Hi i want to connect the printer, i already installed the cd that came with the printer along with the drivers from Canon website, but it still doesn´t work how come???

Please help me????

My mac OS X 10.5.8 version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
are you trying to do it wirelessly???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Some more detail of your printing problem please. You say you "want to connect the printer". Does that mean you are trying to print a document, but the printer won't respond?

Have you used the Printer Setup Utility to install the driver? What shows on the PSU printer list?

Having just gone through the process of using a Canon MP240 with my iMac with Panther (10.3.9) I firstly had to download a driver from Canon because there was no driver for it as part of Panther. I used the PSU, the driver was installed in the OS, I rebooted the iMac, and the printer worked. However, I did notice a significant delay in printer response.

OP
R
Reaction score
hughvane, that´s my problem i can´t print a document, i´v already installed the drivers from Canon website..but it still doesn´t work and doesn´t recgonized the printer???!!!!

What am i doing wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i can´t print a document ... What am i doing wrong?

I suspect that you've not set up the printer, despite installing the driver for the MP240.

Refer back to my previous response in which I ask if you've used the Printer Setup Utility (PSU). It is located in either the Applications or the Utilities Folder. And to the second question I asked "What shows on the PSU printer list?" (see attached screenshot).

If you have used the PSU, please post a screenshot (Shift-Cmd-4) of what's on your printer list, and we can work from there.

In the meantime, try changing the USB cable to another port, or replace the cable altogether with a new one. Cables can be faulty, also USB ports.

Picture 7.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.