linking up turntables to Imac

Reaction score
Right im a complete beginner with Macs so bear with me here, just need some answers about hooking all my electronics up together.

i have an iMac 20" with 34" dual screen hooked up already, now i also have a set of turntables with mixer connected to my amped speakers.

i want to run the mac through the amped speakers but dont want to have to switch the speakers from turntables, to mac, and back and forth every time i choose to use one or the other, so is there a way i can run my decks through my mixer and into the Mac which will then in turn play sound from decks and mac through my speakers?

sorry if that sounds all over the place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
For clarification.. you want your audio outputs to change dynamically depending on what is connected? Or am i completely misunderstanding o_O

OP
A
Reaction score
basically put i want decks to go through the mac (for recording and such), but i want to have the mac inbetween the decks and the speakers as such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
basically put i want decks to go through the mac (for recording and such), but i want to have the mac inbetween the decks and the speakers as such.

So when using your decks you want them to be your input, and speakers to be output?

EDIT:
Sorry, i understand what you're asking now, lol. To hook up and control your turntable, decks, and audio output devices all at the same time you'll need an audio controller of the sort. There is a company called Mackie that sells audio controlling devices. I believe there website is just Mackie(dot)com. The product that a few of my DJs use is called the "Big Knob" and they seem to like it. Hopefully this kinda helps you.

P.s. I dont know what type of mac you're currently trying to hook up to, but my DJs are using MacPros.

-Ekim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.