Action F buttons for Mac and CS4

Reaction score
I just got a new Macbook Pro that I was planning to use for photo editing work with photoshop CS4. I currently use a PC to do all my photo editing and have many different actions setup using keys F2-F12. Well I have installed the actions on my new Macbook pro and when in CS4, for example I press F7, instead of doing the recoreded action in photo shop, it does whatever F7 is on the laptop. Like control volume and bright and dark the keyboard and screen.

I need the action to work, so I need to know how once I open photoshop that the F Keys will only be used for photoshop. Can I disable the F-Keys current functions to make this work ?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
You have two choices.

First, you can hold down the fn key when pressing the any F key; this will respond as you want rather than adjusting the volume, brightness, or whatever else.

Second, you can open System Preferences from the  menu, open the Keyboard preference pane, and check the Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys option. Then the F keys will function opposite how they do for you now; that is, to get the functionality displayed on the key (e.g. brightness or volume), you’ll have to hold down the fn key while you press it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.