iPhone 2g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
Hey guys, I just got an iPhone 2G cause my brother-in-law had one laying around...

When i first got it, i started to charge it cause it didn't turn on; once i plugged it in i saw a red battery charging after about 10 minutes i unplugged it and it shut off. I tried hard reset "home button and top right", plugging it to computer even while holding the shift button, restarted computer when plugged it and still empty handed. I recently just leave it there to charge and one random day in the middle of me using the computer the phone turned on "i didn't open itunes or anything just plain random" and it went to the recovery mode and finally itunes detected it. i restored it and everything but when it finished it was still on recovery mode. so i did it again no luck. i tried hard reset and it shut off....now its back to square one where its off and nothing works.....

any idea or advice? any help would be greatly appreciated
THANKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sounds like the battery was deep discharged.

But once you restored everything, did you see the "plug in to iTunes" image? That's probably because the phone wants you to activate it. (iPhone's need to be activated with an official carrier before they can use, unless you bought one factory unlocked).

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
after i restore/update from the first time it went back to the same DCF recovery mode screen...but now its still off dunno what to do...my friend said its the logic board but 99% of what he says is usually wrong.

Reaction score
as far as i know none of the iphones come factory unlocked, they are all locked to att. Now you could buy one without singing a contract when the 2g released and first available to the general public.

i suggest leaving it pluged it for 24 hours to make sure its fully charged, it could be that the phone battery has been dead for so long it takes a while to charge back up?

again i believe no iphone is factory unlocked, they are sold without contract yes, but factory unlocked, don't think so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
as far as i know none of the iphones come factory unlocked, they are all locked to att. Now you could buy one without singing a contract when the 2g released and first available to the general public.

i suggest leaving it pluged it for 24 hours to make sure its fully charged, it could be that the phone battery has been dead for so long it takes a while to charge back up?

again i believe no iphone is factory unlocked, they are sold without contract yes, but factory unlocked, don't think so.

In europe you can buy them factory unlocked in lots of countries... but only the 3G/3GS, not the 2G.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.