• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where does the mind go, once in anaesthesia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well my little story is 10 weeks ago now i fell down a embankment and tried to stop my fall by putting my right arm out. WRONG thing to do because i ended up getting a full thickness tear of my supraspinatus in my right shoulder. Glad it happened at work and now, finally the insurance company has ACCEPTED liability and im gong into surgery in about 36 hrs time .. WOOOHOO

Have only slept on average 4hrs a night since the accident. Cant wait. But it had me thinking, when they put me under, and im in full anaesthesia, where does the mind go to ??

Not really looking for answers but am just curious in my own mind. In previous Ops i cant remember a thing or even having a dream ....

Well im right handed and will have trouble typing after the surgery for a while, and im taking my Macbook into hospital hoping they have wireless, so will try to pop in and have a look around but will see how i go ...

See you all on the other side people O:) O:)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
good luck and a speedy recovery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Good luck dude, its a nice feeling afterwards you feel a bit "out of it"!

F

fade

Well im right handed and will have trouble typing after the surgery for a while, and im taking my Macbook into hospital hoping they have wireless, so will try to pop in and have a look around but will see how i go ...

See you all on the other side people O:) O:)

Cheers

Woohoo! nothing like posts under heavy medication. I don't remember half the posts I made after having my wisdom teeth removed.
As for the question, no idea. I've had a few operations that I was all the way under for. I can only remember the prep room and then waking up in the recovery room. That's always a disconcerting feeling for me, I get all messed up when I wake up somewhere other than where I fell asleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hope you recover fully.

Same here with being "put under" (temporarily). Never had a dream, no memory of that time at all. It's like nothing happened for awhile. I wonder if your life is extended by the amount of time you lost?

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks people for your kind words........

Woohoo! nothing like posts under heavy medication. I don't remember half the posts I made after having my wisdom teeth removed.
As for the question, no idea. I've had a few operations that I was all the way under for. I can only remember the prep room and then waking up in the recovery room. That's always a disconcerting feeling for me, I get all messed up when I wake up somewhere other than where I fell asleep.

Yeah for sure its not a concern, but a lil bit disconcerting not waking up where u FELL asleep.. But on that have one of the best anaesthetist going around ATM so it easer's my mind a little..

Hope you recover fully.

Same here with being "put under" (temporarily). Never had a dream, no memory of that time at all. It's like nothing happened for awhile. I wonder if your life is extended by the amount of time you lost?

Thanks toMACash ...... Wouldnt it be grand if it did extend your life the time you where under..... How awesome that would be, but have lil hope of that...LOL

Well hopefully sleep soon and 30 hours and counting :D

Cheers

Reaction score
Hey, sorry to hear about your accident man, since they're going to put you down anyway, slip the guy a quick 20$, maybe he'll add a little something, just to take the edge off, afterwards...;D

Good luck mate, and don't you kick the bucket on us!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
Ouch. Good luck and I wish you a quick recovery. I had to have emergency surgery 3 years ago and it was also my first one. I panicked as they tried to put me under, because I'm claustrophobic, especially around my face. It is very odd to wake up outside of the OR. I think I woke up when they took the intubator out of my throat...that stands out for some reason. That and the bright lights shining right into my eyes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks toMACash ......

Only one "A". The other one must've been added while you were out. ;) Interesting that you sounded it out that way. When I do, it comes out toMACish, but it's really "to MAC shhhhh!" :)

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Only one "A". The other one must've been added while you were out. ;) Interesting that you sounded it out that way. When I do, it comes out toMACish, but it's really "to MAC shhhhh!" :)
HAHA thanks for pulling me up on that, and yes i did sound it out that ways.
"NOTE TO SELF " toMACsh ........ shhhhhh ;D

To everyone else thanks for the well wishes.

Im finally back in the land of the living. Took me a while to get myself together after 24hrs on the "morphine clicker". Got very emotional for 3-4 days after, with being so uncomfortable and being so restricted with my right arm.

Out to see the surgeon this AM and will see what my recovery prognosis is.
Hopefully start physio with my cute little physiotherapist soon then can look towards the future.
Glad to be back

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Told you about those problems and my coffee maker!

How come your post has a time of 10.02am today when it is 9.15am EAST now? Is the clock wrong on your Mac?

Well I am with you. Some one thinks daylight saving has begun?

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HAHA dont talk daylight savings to my WA friends.... ;) They wont talk back !!

No my clock is synched properly and looking at the screen it says i posted at 9.02am ???? weird. Lag ?

Yes u did tell me of those problems, just never thought "The Comedown" from the morph would effect me so much. Mind u i pumped nearly 100ml of it in over 24hrs.

Well im out now so no need to look at the past.

Bring on daylight savings.......

Reaction score
.. But it had me thinking, when they put me under, and im in full anaesthesia, where does the mind go to ??
Not to start a religious argument but I believe its like being dead. You just don't exist anymore.

Best of luck on your recovery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
My surgery for my deviated septum went something like this... I went in, told them I was nervous. The doctor is like, "Oh? Here's some liquid courage." I was like, "they let you guys have whiskey back here?!" And then the valium hit. I felt better. Went under anesthesia... woke up in the WORST pain I've ever been in. (That will happen when you have a rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and a re-opening of an entire sinus cavity). They asked me on a scale of 1-5 what I was. I said a 5. They gave me a shot of fentanyl and asked again. I said a 5. They gave another, and asked. I was still a 5. After 3 shots of fentanyl not doing anything, they gave me 10mg of hydrocodone to swallow and sent me on my way. I laughed, because of fentanyl wasn't doing anything, 10mg of hydrocodone definitely wasn't going to help. I went home and took 60mg of hydrocodone, and after that just kind of tried to dope myself stupid for the next 3 weeks. Then I was good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you're on the mend.
Get some sleep.
Everybody: shhhhhh!
;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.