PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 9 Issues

etownsoc8
09-12-2009, 06:31 PM
I just downloaded iTunes 9. I am trying to import a CD. Every attempt I make itunes quits unexpectedly. Does anyone have any solutions? I already tried to uninstall and reinstall, didn't work. Also, if I wish to revert back to iTunes 8, how do I do that? I installed iTunes 8 and it wont let me open it stating that "library file was created by a newer version". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TattooedMac
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
have u got Snow Leopard installed ???

itunes 9 is in 32 bit and if SL is installed u will have to have rosetta installed as well.

And i am thinking because you have itunes9 installed and then tried 8 again that the system will keep the latest program on there ??? still learning my self but im sure about the 32 bit prognosis for itunes 9

hope this helps
Cheers
PS rosetta will be on SL install disk in other apps

dtravis7
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Rosetta has nothing to do with 32 Bit Applications. It's for Power PC Coded Applications so they will run on an Intel CPU.

I have iTunes 9 installed and it works fine in Snow Leopard. I do not have Rosetta installed.

TattooedMac
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Rosetta has nothing to do with 32 Bit Applications. It's for Power PC Coded Applications so they will run on an Intel CPU.

I have iTunes 9 installed and it works fine in Snow Leopard. I do not have Rosetta installed.

Thanks for pulling me up on that. Trying to get my head round things and help with solutions .......
Learned something from you
Cheers

etownsoc8
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
dtravis, do you have any ideas why itunes would quit unexpectedly every time I try and import a CD? Should I just purchase Snow Leopard and be done with it? I am still running off of Tiger 10.4.11. Thanks.

dtravis7
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
So this is the just released iTunes 9 on 10.4.11 Tiger? I have only used iTunes 9 on 10.5 and 10.6. I have a 10.4.11 Tiger system here and I will try iTunes 9 and see if importing an Audio CD causes issues. I will get back to you later.

What are your Macs specs? Tiger is still supported but if you have an Intel Mac it might be a good idea to give 10.6 a try as everything is going that way in the future anyway. Up to you.

I will post back later tonight.