Printing Font List

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. I am looking for a way to print out a font list that doesn't show every variation of every font (mine comes to over 3,000 fonts that way!) I am good with just a quick sample of the first in every set. Any ideas? I have tried multiple shareware programs and they all want to print the entire families which I don't want! I just have the standard fontbook on my mac, no upgraded program. Thanks in advance! :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
You can select all of your font's in Font Book and then go to file>> Print. Font Book will generate the pages for you. It'll have the name of the font and then shows the variation.

I guess that's what you mean by not wanting to see the bold, oblique, etc.

Just for reference, this is what Font Book's printed lists look like.
995c07d89c.png

FontParade will allow you to print a list of your fonts with a preview of the font. FontParade | bright pebbles dot org

OP
S
Reaction score
the problem is that with all the variations I have over 3,000 fonts where I have around 600 families, I want to print just the first of every family and not the variations :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I believe Font Parade, listed above will allow you to print just one preview of each font.

OP
S
Reaction score
oh, sorry, I didn't see you posted that LOL read too fast. I did try font parade and it didn't allow me to print just the first font of every family. Maybe it doesn't exist, but will take me SO long to go in and just check off the first one of 600 + fonts but maybe that is what I need to do :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.