USB help

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to mac, so i don't know all the tricks yet. i have a camera that i plugged into the usb, but it isn't showing up. i don't have the driver or software for it either. i was wondering if there was a way that i could see the camera on the computer, so i know that it is at least plugged in and everything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Do you have a card reader? You can try the memory card in that if so, but the camera/card should just show up as a HD icon when plugged in and switched on. No drivers are needed normally.

Reaction score
I have a cheap camera that I use at work so if it breaks it breaks its a canon powershot a470 it doesn't show as a hd either but when I load iphoto it shows in that app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I have a cheap camera that I use at work so if it breaks it breaks its a canon powershot a470 it doesn't show as a hd either but when I load iphoto it shows in that app.

same for me, I only saw a camera from iPhoto and then it worked perfectly

might seem inconvenient to have to use iPhoto, but it's no problem to just use it to retrive your photos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.