Change Password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power MAC G4 AGP/Graphics 500Mhz 1GB RAM 250GB Seagate HDD OSX 10.4.11 DVD-Ram
I'm trying to connect a HP Photosmart C4240 All-In-One to my G4 AGP.
I've downloaded the intire software package from HP. When I double click the installer and start the install I get to the point where "Administrator Password" is required. I can't remember what the password is, so I have tried to reset it VIA Install CD. At which I enter a new password for the Administrator, reenter again then save.

When I reboot and try to install, I get to password required and the same thing happens.

I've reset the PW 3 times to no avail. I could really use some help.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How many users do u have on the computer and do they all have admin privileges? If you are trying to do an install from a standard user - u don't say what OS u have - it will not let you without an admin users p/w

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Try directly log-in as the admin user and install from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Just noticed u r on Tiger - my terms based on Leopard so not sure if Tiger has Standard and Admin users so u may have to extrapolate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.