Airport as "Wired Bridge" from d-link

Reaction score
I am running a new d-link DIR 655 from my internet cable modem. From the D Link I run ethernet to my extreme. The extreme is running in bridge mode. I constantly have to unplug/reset the extreme. We have 4 laptops in the house 3 macs and 1 pc. Even though the light is green on the extreme when this happens I have the issue were I can not join the extreme. I am prompted to enter the passcode and do not connect. Once I unplug the extreme/reset it, it works for the the day then I have to repeat the above steps. Help.

OP
D
Reaction score
Channel Conflict

I have tried changing the broadcast channel for my extreme as my D Link and extreme were on the same channel, hopefully this solves the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Why do u need 2 units doing wireless - just leave it to the extreme to do the wireless network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I agree. You are just adding complexity to your setup. Is there a reason you need the d-stink?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.