Camera not working

Reaction score
Hi, I have a macbook running mac OSX version 10.5.8 with a 1.83 GHz processor intel core duo.

I attempted to open up the camera but the image was blank except for a little picture of a video camera with an X through it. I tried opening ichat to see if the problem was photobooth related, but on ichat it said that there was no camera connected to the computer.

It does not show in System profiler, I have completed a SMC and/or PRAM reset.
But still no joy, does any have any ideas what i should do? or do i have to resort to bringing my computer in to be fixed...and then not seeing it again for months. any info would be fantastic. thanks!

Also when I put a CD/dvd in, any CD, it will spin, but not get registered and the disk will get ejected??? Please assist.....

Reaction score
Ahh

soo i have a macbook pro. and i wantto use things like stickam and dailybooth but i can't because the Cam doesnt work. how do i fix this dilemma

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.